Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Magnaflow Muffler built into trunk with Side Exit

D3F0

Today I did a funny thing because of the way I built the back for my car I ruined everything and anything that was stock. I wanted to do a center exit but it was too much complexity. So I cut a hole in my already insane trunk.

IMAG1009.jpg

Another View

IMAG1010.jpg

Then i Welded in some hangers

Snapchat-1723108340788514318.jpg

Checked the exit

Snapchat-2279693579684863433.jpg

Pulled it all apart and welded everything

IMAG1007.jpg

I will redo this all mendrel bent pipes soon

IMAG1013.jpg

Back View

IMAG1014.jpg

This is going to have a legeacy resonator installed too with no cats.

Shouldnt be too loud with EA82 

But with Ej205 i am sure it will suck haha

Its not going to be in the car to make it safe this is just the beginning of that project took me a few hours. i am going to build a box around it seal it off properly make it all air tight and hidden so I can pass inspection. Just the best place I could think of to help with ground clearance and all that. 

next update will explain better in pictures. Also yea no one really fabricates things these days. Instead of asking why how about you ask your self why not? That is the whole point of my truck framed RX. I wanna see how crazy I can build a car.

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

IMAG0636.jpg

i made new mounts for the whole back end

IMAG0935.jpg

I saved this car from death. Its almost rust free right now. 

Since I cut the stock location out so I ended up moving the muffler  into a new home.

IMAG0910.jpg

so the muffler went into a similar area just higher up so i can build skid plates and all that.

I will lift and drop this car depending on the season. Winter run a 2 inch lift with blocks and prelude springs and svx front struts and summer some type of coil overs/ground control set up. Just figuring out what to do with coil overs because I want at least 6 inches of suspension travel and that is not easy to make or buy cheaply.

Just swapping suspension around its not gonna be to bad lol.

IMAG1020_BURST011.jpg

Starting to block this thing off this is a mock up for this box I am going to have it so I can bolt it in and use some kind 

of gasket to make it seal perfectly.