Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am looking for any info about the SJR wheel adapters to run VW wheels on our 4x140 Subarus.  Do you have to have a lift to run these wheels and adapters?  How is the back spacing with these adapters and are their any issues with tire rub?

I am thinking of just running factory VW steel wheels with a 185/65R15 or 195/65R15 tire on them.  Any have experience running these adapters and a similar tire size?

I tried contacting him awhile back and just got a simple replay of, it depends on what wheel I run. No other useful info.

http://www.sjrlift.com/index.php/catalog/misc/wheel-adapter-vw5-to-subaru-4-x-140-detail

post-59940-0-51848200-1457570162_thumb.jpg

post-59940-0-28480700-1457570171_thumb.jpg

VW wide 5 is a very common bolt pattern, with a very large number of wheels available. He probably could have given you a starting point, but there's still a ton of variables.

Just keep in mind, that adapter will soak up some (I'd guess 10 mm or so) of the offset of whatever VW wheel you're comparing to.