Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Operation/Connections for Electronic EGR Vacuum Solenoid

Hi, I have a EA81T Engine (Imported from Japan) and have been trying to find a diagram or photos of the rubber hose connections for the Electronic EGR Vacuum Solenoid and Operation Parameters.

There are two two vacuum ports on the rear of the Throttle Body and two separate hoses coming from those ports.

The vacuum port on the right (looking from the front of the Vehicle) has a hose running back to a "T" piece, with one hose going to right to the EGR Valve, the other goes to the left and into the top of a electronically controlled EGR Vacuum Solenoid. Another rubber hose comes from the Solenoid down to a metal vacuum line, then back to a rubber hose and to the Dizzy.

The vacuum port on the left has a rubber hose running to a metal vacuum line and then back to a rubber hose. Where does this rubber hose connect?

The Manual I have for a 1983 EA81T shows a three port wax filled Thermo EGR Vacuum Valve and not the Electronically Controlled EGR Vacuum Solenoid that I have.

I am also looking for the operating parameters of the Electronic EGR Vacuum Valve.

Regards Non Culpa

I do not know of any info source for JDM EA-81Ts

I have always been curious how they differ.

Surely there must be a JDM service manual somewhere.

It looks like YOU are the expert.

I think your LH vacuum line may connect to the purge control valve on the charcoal cannister.

Is yours equipped w/an electronic purge solenoid?

I would be interested in the ECU part # and any other differences you notice.

North American EA-81Ts did not use electronic EGR control in 83 or 84.

A study of EA-82T vacuum routing may be helpful

Operating parameters of the Electronic EGR Vacuum Valve will be similar as well.

Edited by naru