Ultimate Subaru Message Board

A couple weeks ago I bought a 1999 Legacy Outback. It has a radio, cassette player and 6 cd changer.

The controls for the cd player are on the dash, under the radio and cassette controls. My problem is I can't figure out where the cds are inserted. I can't see anyplace on the dash where they would go.

Under the  front passenger seat there is a black box bolted to the floor. It faces to the back. The back side faces the front of the car. There are several wires connected at the back of the box.

If I open the back door and get down on my knees and twist around enough to see under the front seat, I can see on front of the box printed, "Cd Changer" or "6 CD changer", or something similar to that. It is a Subaru product.

I can't see any way this box would open or any other way to insert cds. It seems a very inconvenient place if it's necessary to get out of the car, jam myself onto the floor of the rear seat to somehow load cds into that black box. If that is how it's done, where do the cds go? I don't see any openings.