Ultimate Subaru Message Board

:ph34r:How's it going USMB?  I'm wanting to prep and repaint three of my seven wagon wheels (for 1985 GL).  The color looks "off-white".  The four on my wagon are in pretty good condition but my three spares are not so great.  Anyone know 1) what the color/paint code is, 2) how best I can get rattle cans that match, and 3) not pay too much more than the paint already costs?  Thanks a lot!  Aaron

11-9-15%20011_zpsj2fnkhch.jpg
3-15-16%20007_zpsep5jecbl.jpg

I did just plain white. The color will fade some as the paint ages. 

You can go into a store that caries paint and look at the color samples of all the shades of white/whiteish. Take ones that you feel are close and match them up to an area on a wheel that shows the original color well.

Powder coating is best. I had a place that does big-rig bodies do mine.

• Like 1

An 'Off White' would be the closet match, you can get spay cans done with colour to match, just have to find a place that does 'em ...

Do all the prep work yourself, save a few dollars in that alone - just hard yakka though. 

I'd do a full set so you don't have to worry about colour matching & to be thorough, remove the tyre from each rim & clean up the insides as well ... ;)

Cheers, Bantum ...

Edited by Bantum
  • Like 1