Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1998 Outback strut lift blocks and clearanced bumper questions

comatosellama

Planning on buying an outback this saturday, and have a couple questions 

1. Do strut blocks have to be angled on EJ cars like with the EA cars? Looking to do probably 4 inches. I've seen some camber bolts from eibach that offer up to 1.75* of adjustment. Would that be enough?

2. Have any of you guys clearanced your bumpers on an outback? I'm looking to do something like on the GC imprezas where you cut off the lower half. Looking to see some pictures before I start cutting. I was also debating trying to find a legacy bumper that would look good chopped, as I've heard legacy and outback bumpers will swap.

Thanks - CL

• 4 weeks later...

Planning on buying an outback this saturday, and have a couple questions 

1. Do strut blocks have to be angled on EJ cars like with the EA cars? Looking to do probably 4 inches. I've seen some camber bolts from eibach that offer up to 1.75* of adjustment. Would that be enough?

2. Have any of you guys clearanced your bumpers on an outback? I'm looking to do something like on the GC imprezas where you cut off the lower half. Looking to see some pictures before I start cutting. I was also debating trying to find a legacy bumper that would look good chopped, as I've heard legacy and outback bumpers will swap.

Thanks - CL

I made the plastic bumpers on my 96 Impreza and 99 OB bolt on.  You can drive them around looking stock most of the time, then unbolt to go offroad.  Huge improvement in approach and departure angles.