Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Annual Oregon Off-Road Subaru Club Fathers Day Outing

Guest RTFMharpua

Guest RTFMharpua

There will be a guys weekend off get together in Central Oregon on Fathers Day weekend. The plan is for camping at Three Creek Lake near Sisters Oregon. This spot may change depending on if the road to the lake is clear of snow or not. There are two campgrounds on the lake, with outhouses but no drinking water. The lake is stocked with rainbow trout. Brook trout also inhabit the lake. There will be 4X4 outings throughout the weekend. On Fathers Day June 15th there is a demolition derby in Redmond Oregon at the fair grounds. Admission is $12.00 for adults and $5.00 for kids 7-12, under 6 get in free. The gates open at 11:00 am, and the show starts at 1:00 in the afternoon. I will post updates as the weekend gets closer, so check back often. If anyone has questions or comments, or need directions, feel free to post here or email me at harpua@bendcable.com Remember, the more the merrier....

edit:

Directions to the Deschutes County Expo Center for the Demolition Derby www.expo.deschutes.org/in...Directions

Info on Three Creek Lake ptopia.com/cascade/lakes/3creek.html

edit # 2:

I went up to the lake on sunday, to see if the road was open. There is snow blocking the road about 200 yards from the lake, so it is an easy walk to the lake. There is some beautiful camping spots about 1 1/2 miles below the lake that looks to be great for a people to stay at. I also found a few trails that look very promising for some suby 4x4 action. Im looking forward to this weekend, i think it will be great fun.