Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need help on where to place Subaru stripe

Well If all 3 of us show up, it would set a record of gen 1 cars in attendance.    Actually at that event early Legacys are considered gen 1.   I suppose a WBM thread should be started,  we have veered far off sticker talk.

Hey between us like not one of us has a box with a new kit in it? Mine are buried right now. But the instructions come with them and give measurements.

And you can start a thread on WBM but the three guys that'll go already are hip. :) I spoke to Andrew just a couple days ago. Maybe he'll make it too. Says he hasn't logged on here for maybe two plus years. But I'll let him know. He's in Windham Ctr. these days.

If you look at 1970s sales brochures you will notice that the stripe never seems to be mounted in the same spot!

On my wagon the stripe is parallel with the metal sill moulding (rocker panel in US speak) and an inch or so above the body swage line alone the doors (like Rust detailed).

On others the stripe is basically in the same spot but is parallel to the door swage line, which means it slopes down as it goes along the car.

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful using NOS stripes. The stripe vinyl material is nearly 40 years old and the adhesive is too! I had a BAD experience with old stripes before and nearly ruined new paint! Consider using the NOS stripe as the model for having new ones made. Any sign shop can do it cheap! You will have new 3M vinyl and good adhesive!