Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey All! Newb poster here, so go easy.

So after buying this '97 OBW from the one that shall from here until eternity be referred to as, "The Lying Sap Sucking Puke", I have pulled the motor and replaced the head gaskets and everything else that you do with the motor out. Fast forward to this week... after test driving for the first time I discover it has a sever case of "torque bind".... sooo I go to the stealer and buy a new duty 'C' solenoid... I think no big deal... that is until I get to the point at which I need to rotate the drive line to unbolt it... I am able to get 3 out of the 4 bolts... I go and put the trans in neutral and climb back under... go to rotate the drive line and nada... won't turn but maybe a few degrees.... tried shifting through the range a few times thinking it may be "stuck" or something and still no joy.... I am at a loss and I refuse to lose to this beast! The only other thought that I have had is to jack up a rear tire and see if I can get the stupid thing to spin. Thoughts?

At this point I yield to the Great Subaru Kings of yesteryear that have more experience than I in the ways of the mechanical realm.

Thank you in advance!!

MT

Thanks for the quick answer Fair! I did eventually figure that out, but thought I would check back in case there was a better answer. I'm to a point where I need to take the back of the trans off.... all the bolts are out... just have to get mildly "western" with it to break it loose... something for tomorrow! Thanks again!

MT