Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wrx seats in a 2nd gen brat?

I'd be interested to know if anyone has gained any leg room with a seat swap in a gen2 Brat. At 6'3" this car is just barely has enough room.

i feel ya there im 6'5" the wrx seats are taller, so they may not work out for me even if i can fit them in

I installed RS seats in my brat. 

If you use the brat seat brackets the seats sit lower to the floor.

Not to sure if you gain leg room.

If you use the seat brackets from the original brat seats it isnt that hard to do and seats sit low.

Cut a couple pieces of steel and drill some holes.

But if you modify the RS seat brackets to work the seats sit pretty high. This was also a bit more work.

I have to say I really like the seats from a 97 GT.  I had to get the seat brackets modded a bit to compensate for the height adjustment which allowed me to put the seat further back and got much more leg room out of them.  I cant reach the wheel or the shifter when it all the way back.  they also have a permanent lean backwards which makes it more difficult to reach but also allows for more headroom..  take it all into consideration I am only 5' 10"  and am thinking other imp/ forester based seats.  Headroom and seats that sit more upright are what I think I really need.