Ultimate Subaru Message Board

West Coast Subaru Show 18!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'll ask here since I didn't see a clear stance one way or another on the topic of:  Dogs

I thought I saw something in the camping section about dogs not being allowed in the car show area or in any of the out buildings (even while on leash?!).

My wife will be working that weekend out of town, so she can't watch the dog.  I was hoping/planning to bring our pup, like I did at the Old School Reunion earlier this summer (she was the little black lab/whippet looking  that was getting compliments from everyone about her excellent behavior).

So, can we get a final ruling on this from the WCSS committee?  I know the fairgrounds allow dogs (They host dog club events, so, duh), but how restrictive will we have to be with our four-legged friends?  What about service animals?

Edited by carfreak85

Most recent post other than thanking the sponsors.

Hey Subaru fans! We're going to close down the merchandise part of ticket sales this weekend (Saturday night) so we can get our order put in! Go get your tickets and merchandise if you haven't already!

http://tickets.thefoat.com/…/West+Coas…/tickets/event-33982/

13775968_1093219060716883_90246613422513
  • Like 1

Unable to view Facebook activity as a non-subscriber.

So uh. . .  Sign up for face book.  It won't kill or harm you.  But it might keep you up to date with things you can't follow here.  Like the USMB on FB. . .  yep.  

Ok, I'll ask here since I didn't see a clear stance one way or another on the topic of:  Dogs

I thought I saw something in the camping section about dogs not being allowed in the car show area or in any of the out buildings (even while on leash?!).

My wife will be working that weekend out of town, so she can't watch the dog.  I was hoping/planning to bring our pup, like I did at the Old School Reunion earlier this summer (she was the little black lab/whippet looking  that was getting compliments from everyone about her excellent behavior).

So, can we get a final ruling on this from the WCSS committee?  I know the fairgrounds allow dogs (They host dog club events, so, duh), but how restrictive will we have to be with our four-legged friends?  What about service animals?

We love dogs.  If you think your dog will be comfortable in the environment of the event, we don't have a problem with you bringing them.  If you have any doubt about the dog's comfort or safety, please find a sitter.

Please make sure you pickup after your Dog, I do believe our contract with the grounds requires it, and I don't want to be the one doing it.  Please make sure your dog isn't barking/howling all day/night.

Technically we don't allow dogs around the show cars, or in the buildings.  Have we ever had to enforce that?  Once.  Some guy was letting his dog stand up against a car, owner of the car got pissed, I had to deal with it.  This is more in there for our protection.  Be smart and polite, and we won't even notice the dog there.  :ph34r: 

We only allow service cats  :P

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Well, another successful WCSS.  The venue was fabulous, the trip to and from Nevada was wonderful, and as always it was good to see old friends.

Thanks to all responsible for organizing such a huge event, it would not even be possible without you.  THANK YOU!!

Please post pix here, we'd all like to see the weekend from another perspective.  There was also aerial footage taken of mudpit activities, that'd be cool to see also.

Just my 2 bucks

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...