Ultimate Subaru Message Board

USMB members in the rallycross

Guest edrach

Guest edrach

Overall results aren't quite indicative of relative position, but since they only watered the course once at the beginning I suspect the track just kept getting faster and faster as the day wore on. I wish I had had the time to do some "time only" runs in the afternoon for comparison and practice. Mike's Time Only runs were in the morning session and I suspect he would have been better off running in the afternoon.

USMB results:

Eric Rachner, Brat, 6:30.91; 14th Overall, 1st Truck/SUV

Eric Witte, WRX wagon, 6:31.93; 17th Overall, 12th Open

Luke Ebert, Brat, 6:41.95; 28th Overall, 2nd Truck/SUV

Jamie Thomas, WRX wagon, 6:43.25; 30th Overall. 16th Open

Ed Rachner, Brat, 6:51.87; 36th Overall, 3rd Truck/SUV

Brian Dose, Brat, 7:11.36; 57th Overall, 4th Truck/SUV

Jason Neal, '76 Wagon, 7:14.18; 61st Overall, 5th Truck/SUV

Mark Mager, '87 RX, 7:18.33; 68th Overall, 11th PGT

Mike Rinck, Subaru wagon, 7:15.89; 64th Overall (AM time only)

Kurt Powell, '76 Wagon, 7:33.13; 73rd Overall, 6th Truck/SUV

103 total competitors. We certainly swept the Truck/SUV class!

Guest Witte

They watered the course something sick before the 1st run of the afternoon. However they changed the course too to avoid ruts. The last run of the afternoon was also changed some to avoid ruts (not very successful at that anyhoo).

Guest Witte

no problem, it was only a factor on the sighting lap and on the first run...

I nearly spun out and/or parked it on a cone on the sighting lap say maybe 10 times it was so slick.

Guest Flowmastered87GL

I bet I coulda dropped like 10 seconds at least in the morning had I run my car as it runs now. After tuning it up... its much peppier and it idles again :lol:

Guest bajavwnsoobnut

ehh it was ok and yeah I talked to the officials about watering the course cause it was gettin a lil too dry in areas and they did water it after we were done

and haha beat ya Mike and my subie is a REAL subaru and it only has a single range tranny :P

Guest rXSNRG

:lol: You probably didn't notice cause I'm so far down the list:lol:

Baja, is that a 1600? It was fun watching your rig go around the course.

Yes, the track was very slick on the afternoon parade lap. I nearly spun out at idle.:eek:

Guest edrach

Mark, my apologies. When I printed the overall results, the font was so small I needed reading glasses to get everything and I skipped over your name. My bad. I amended the list. Don't get discouraged--a lot of how you place depends on experience and I hate to tell you how far down the list I was on my first rallyX.

Guest rXSNRG

No worries!

I know I have a lot of room for improvement. My third time was 24 seconds faster than my first! (2.37.73 vs. 213.72)

I just got the car running and only had 200 miles on it since driving it for the first time, I put 250 miles on it that day. Needless to say, I was still getting used to the car, it drives a little different than the other soobs. Regardless, it was really fun! I can't wait to go back. I'm going to make a few improvements before the next race.

The Brat's were inspiring, It was really fun watching you guy's, I'm looking forward to seeing the Brat sweep again!

Guest Flowmastered87GL

Baja / Jason has a 1400 EA63 in his 76 wagon....

As for times... they vary according to session... the earliest of mornings sessions (mine) were the slowest... then Jason and Ed (and his sons) session was faster... afternoon session was STILL faster....

Thats just how track conditions (and the power of cars) are

Guest bajavwnsoobnut

hehe yeah I did it is a torquey lil thing too and Mike it's a EA-65 not a EA-63 big diff there like say a lil power and arrangement of the exhaust coming out of the heads and such now to get the 1600 from Andrew :evil: