Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Source for double row full metal radiator

Anybody know where I can get one? I'm going to be going through the cooling system on my ea82t for obvious reasons and would like to put in a full metal double row radiator. I've found full metal singles and plastic tank doubles, but no metal doubles.

It's odd how those 3 sellers look so similar.

I found a website going into all kinds of pro & con of Al vs Copper.  Looks like Al is better corrosion resistance.  Copper is easier to repair, but typically, I've had radiators fail by the tiny fins corroding away from the tubes, which is not repairable, except by re-coring.

I have to contact them to find out about shipping.

I must say, that the OEM Al & plastic radiator in our 2001 Forester was still good when we sold it in 2015.  Longer than any copper / brass radiator I ever had.

Your local radiator specialty shop may carry them.  Except take along the thermister on the right side, that activates the auxiliary fan.  Some double core radiators, put a shoulder over the threads that the thermister screws into, so that only 1/2 thread gets engaged.  Then it leaks, falls out and dumps your coolant onto the ground.

Nuts.  I looked at the feedback.  All 3 located in China.  The feedback is overall very positive, BUT...

Unfortunately, the feedback does not specifically tie to the listed items, so it's hard to tell which complaints are about which products.

I've actually only ever had issues with plastic core radiators once, in an old Altima, when the plastic around the filler neck cracked. Maybe I'll just get a double row plastic tank. Anything is better than the current (original) radiator in my 86. It is literally disintegrating.

Stumbled across this page, claiming an 88 XT6 radiator is the same as an EA82T radiator.  Not sure if that will get different matches...

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=49123&start=350

Xt6 radiator has a twin core EA82T doesn't, mine didn't on a Vortex  XT EA82 turbo. The XT6 radiator will fit but the outlet pipes are bigger 38mm.

I know people in Australia that have bought these chines ally  radiators, some fit directly others state they have to modify holes for the radiator fans and body mounting screws.

When you search ebay, do you use the international options or just America?

As for the sellers you will find they have more than one store that they sell from. Just like the sellers who sell oem phone parts.

TOONGA

xt6 radiators were never made by aftermarket suppliers so there's none available.  places list "XT6 radiators", but they won't be XT6 radiators, they'll be 4 cylinder XT radiators. 

the xt6 side tanks are plastic, not metal. 

fan mounts are different, lower pegs are different, hose diameter is larger.  

• Like 1

So nil on the xt6 radiator, and the full metal double row from performance radiator is out of stock, as noted above. Damn. They are right nearby me in Harrisburg, I'll have to give them a call and see if there's anything they can do. In the meantime I'll keep hunting. I hope my original one holds up until I find one!