Ultimate Subaru Message Board

70's & 80's parts - what are in demand - committed to helping one selloff stockpile

I believe some 70's, 80's RX?  some Brat parts?  Maybe some complete but rusty vehicles.

A Brat cap I believe.

This is older stuff than I'm familiar with.

Haven't posted in years.

All proceeds will go to this website.

GG please contact me.

Shawn I left you a voicemail a week or so ago I believe.

I just cleared out my messages here enough that new ones should come thru.

rear brat taillight lens, corner lens, and driving light lenses.

rear EA81 CV axles

EA81 interior parts

badges and trim

Brat tail gates

rear Brat glass and door glass

These are all things I can think of that are hard to come by, that I would be interested in getting assuming the parts are in good shape.

I am trying to get there this week.

I certainly won't have the time or space to save everything.

I need to know what to grab, I'll take pics if it all won't be going to the scrap dealer.  For all I know it already has as I've been too tied up to get there.

The fear is that it'll all go to scrap - years of stockpile.

If there is a rx. Grab the manual awd d/r transmission with center diff lock , lsd rear diff, rear disks, and body kit. If there are 5 speed d/r's grab those. Any 70's stuff save it's getting hard to find. Brat stuff to grab roll bars, brush guards, rear seats / headrests / seat belts, tail gates, tail lights, doors, center headlamps, grills, head light bezels.

Can't find my notes right now.  Complete turbo RX?  Has a title in someone else's name I believe.

Something else with I believe a high/low range that's kinda rare or sought after that he thought was special.

I also did find out that the Brat cap does still exist.  It's at the garage where the Brat was painted still.

After the accident my memory isn't so good so I have it all written down but I'm drowning in clerical work right now - sales tax, new office girl starts tomorrow, etc.

I can't actually work on cars anymore.  I will get pics of complete cars assuming they are still there.  If anyone wants any of this stuff they will have to come and get it or have another member come and get it.  Not sure how I'd go about it.  Need to keep the location undisclosed, have a tow dolly but can't do the whole tieing them down and stuff myself anymore without hurting for a week.  I hate to front tow money to my place.  I'll have to see what folks are interested in.

At my place the garage is full and the lift is blocked, and not gonna change anytime soon.  About I could offer is a gravel driveway, shop air and 110 outlet.

Got pics of cars (mostly Brat's) outside in various states of rust most of them and maybe the RX?

Don't have much time but I'll try and figure out how to post pics.

Several Brat caps or toppers, a few sets of seats for int eh bed, some decent tailgates it seems.

Dave and I have some pictures in the link below, it's my personal account and 100% safe if it looks unfarmiliar to you. 

Mostly vehicle pictures at this point, with the exceptions of some wheels and brat caps:

Brats (a few of them)
RX
Turbo (Loyale) Wagon

Brat rear bed seats (i think they're all in the vehicles, maybe one set isn't)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4mb7lefdofkhztf/AADJN9LQ80uTjA14IK8WgD2qa?dl=0

Thanks GG!

White Brat, Gold Brat, Silver Brat.  All have caps - plus 2 extra caps.  2 have rear seats, I believe there is another set of rear seats in the garage.

I didn't have time to really look for specific parts inside today.  There are more than Subaru parts and I don't recognize 70's and 80's Subaru stuff.  Some is separated by car brand, some isn't.  Tons of stuff.  There were some obvious 2.5 and 2.2 intakes around, more rims/tires but don't know if old Subaru or British, etc.

I'll do what I can.  GG is willing to help.

Both of us have real time constrictions.

Trying to help a friend out and the USMB.

I'd say none of these cars likely have a title.  They aren't hot, just no title. If you'd do a title search I wouldn't expect there to be any issues. I believe the RX has a title in someone else's name but a family member does have the physical title.

Logistics are tough.  None of this may be worthwhile.

Being 6'2" and stiff after the accident I wish I could redo the White Brat, or other non Subaru cars that folks have already taken.  But that isn't realistic.

Let us know what you're interested in and a price.  Please be fair.  Realize that GG and I are donating our time and proceeds are going to USMB.

I committed to only the two of us going onsite.  And it could very be dangerous for folks to go snoop.  Gotta love rednecks and farmers, they aren't likely to call the cops...

So in everyone's wishes and interest the location will not be disclosed other than SW Pennsylvania.  Most likely will need picked up at my place in Apollo, PA.  Perhaps some at GG's - don't know yet.

Neither of us have the time for this.  But hate to see years of collecting parts get scraped.  Just gotta figure out what to save, and who is willing to pay a fair price for the items.

Maybe we should post a clean thread in for sale?

More from my notes - can anyone please identofy the years and trim levels of these Brats especially?

1991 SS needs body work

turbo wagon

carpet sets (new) I haven't looked for yet

tail lights (I haven't looked for yet)

RX I can get physical title - in someone else's name

bed rails for a brat (I haven't looked for yet)

old FSM's (I haven't looked for yet)

Still need to know what parts to look for that may be removed/stockpiled in garage - pics would be great of these items.

And this is NOT xxxxxxxxx's stuff , right?

I'm sorry to ask. I don't think his town is so redneck/rural but geez one Brat looks like one I sold to him. And others look familiar too. Put that together with your mention of British stuff and my mind speculates.

Good luck. We here have the "Charlie Situation" which runs parallel to your deal. Only problem is an auction , probate , hoarding/greed .....

So enjoy the privacy and pickability :)

Only thing I'm curious about is the gen one brat and what kind of 70's stuff there may be.

Have fun !

Edited by moosens

pic clearly shows two door. Every true RX I've seen is two door, I think that's the only option:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Leone

There are other turbo coupe variants but I don't think they are an "RX"

There are 4 doors but they are 10 times harder to find than a 2 door. Defiantly save the rx or at least get the rare parts off it. The lsd rear diff is worth $200-500 depending on how bad somebody wants it. Transmission with the linkages, activators, wiring, and diff lock switch would get about $250-400 depending on who wants it. Body kit i have know idea i've seen one sell for like $350 though. Rear disk brake conversion is worth $150.

subaru-rx-1988-1.jpg

Look folks PLEASE refrain from saying anything about who's these parts are or where they might be.

If an admin could edit that info out of this thread I'd appreciate it.

THIS ISN'T A GUESS WHO"S STUFF THIS IS THREAD!!

This is from a former member and GG and I will do our best to liquidate what we can, still attend personal commitments, and donate the proceeds to the USMB.  Can we please leave it at that?

This "donator" didn't want his name, location, etc disclosed.  PLEASE honor those wishes.

I did not see any pics of the car in question . The original Ea82 Rx turbo cars were all 4 doors . I use to own an 85 with the cool checkered seats . I loved that car and wish i never sold the damn thing . Being young at the time i had no clue . Thanks anyway .

Edited by Joe B

I would think brat rear seats, wagon wheels, glass, corner lights and trim would be worth stockpiling. I personally would love to get my hands on any of the gen 1 brat stuff if funds were available. Shiping / transporting is going to be the toughest part.

EA82 turbo tstat housing? Those are different from non turbo?

Yeah, they're different. The tstat housing on my car was cracked and I braised it back together, but I don't trust that it'll last forever...

I'd love a "crack" at getting a new one! ;)

I'm looking for these parts:

EA81 coupe rear fender badges

ANY EA81 Turbo parts

• Analog dashboard and uncut dash harness
  • Fuel pump relay
  • ECU
  • EA81T thermostat housing from a Water-cooled turbocharger
  • Rubber power steering spill bib
  • Gold-trimmed exterior trim pieces
  • Uncracked EA81T heads
  • EA81T throttle cables and junction box
  • EA81T power steering hardline