Ultimate Subaru Message Board

On idle, engine seams to completely want to stale because of boggs. also while driving down highway it seems like when i need to let go gas to reduce speed , when its time to finally give gas, i get wat i call " gas pedal kicks" seems to be a misfire p301 p302 p303 p304? I get the code p0172 too lean banc 1 (i know its the 02 sensor and have purchased one) after reading some older forums it seems like it wont make a difference? Im just looking for someone who had the same problem in the past to maybe shorten the spending spree i have changes plugs, wires, the coil, fuel filter and air filter no change, i also get po447 evap system valve open Any advice or knowledge????

Vacuum leak. Check all of the large hoses that attach to the intake tube. Make sure the tube is clamped tight at both ends. If it has the big air box on the throttle body make sure that's clamped tight on the throttle body. Make sure the two halves are joined properly.

Could also be the evap purge valve is stuck open. It's under the manifold on the passenger side. If vacuum is pulling through the solenoid all the time it will also pull fuel vapor from the tank and cause odd drivability problems.

• Like 1