Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air box clearance to hood

Hi old friends. It's been awhile since I posted on here.

I'm trying to work out if my customised standard air box on a Weber will fit under the hood of my Brumby/BRAT. The hood is currently not on the car so can anyone take a photo looking across from one fender to the other across the air box? This will give me an idea of mine will actually work.

I would add a photo of what I have but this site won't let me upload one off my phone.

Edited by Phizinza

Get a piece of wood and put it across the strut towers, then from this to the radiator support.

Or put the spare tyre back in.

If you're below these then you should be good.

Why not put the hood back on? It's not that hard ;)

• Like 1

I want to leave it off while I get the wiring and fuel sorted.

Mines above the level line but I know for a fact there's a bit more room to play with under the hood I just can't remember how much as it was over a year ago when I started this project.

well, if you know how high twins sit, I run a custom air intake sitting on the normal part of the carb for air box to sit. It is made of 50mm high, 100 wide and about 280mm long, central and clears the bonnet undersides, not even rub in extreme moments.

• 4 weeks later...