Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stock Loyale + 6 Lug Conversion = What rims/tires?

I think your problem will be offset, as most 6-stud donors will not fit under the wheel-wells on a Loyale (they will just fit on a MY). If you have fender flares you'll be fine of course (I know US laws are a lot more lax than down under, which says the wheels MUST be inside the fender line).

I used Pajero (US = Montero Sport) 16" wheels which were ok for an MY (except they weigh a ton). I *recall* Ford Courier utilities were one option which may work for a Loyale.

If you're concerned about speedo accuracy, you will need 195-50-15's or 195-45-16's to maintain within 1% (I can't recall 14's, but if you wanted 14's you'd be best sticking with Pug 504's than moving to 6-stud).

Edited by dfoyl
  • Like 2

not certain about a loyale,

on my Brat i have stock 2wd mazda 14" alloys with 195/75 R14 tires

they work perfect with out any lift, no rubbing

a 205/75 on the same rim will rub....

for reference you can fit a 245/60R14 on the back....:)

so any stock offset 6 lug jap pickup(mazda, nissan) rim would work- most 2wd will have 14" wheels

• 2 weeks later...

I used Isuzu pickup rims. But they do stick out and would not work at stock height.

Since I'm at stock height, I had Dr. Sawsall adjust the fenders. 3" from the diameter of the front, and 1.5" from the rear.

Now I can run 205x75-14s with no rub. mines an 84 GL, but the same principles apply.