Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Denver on Sunday the weekend of Memorial Day

Guest ShawnW

Guest ShawnW

I will be driving out to Denver, arriving Saturday night and returning to Iowa on Sunday night.

Anybody wants to meet me by all means let me know, either here or via email.

I will be in my Brat and I am headed to CCR Engines. :)

I hope to head out to Pull N Save on Sunday if anybody wants to tag along that would be great.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ShawnW

Only 1 slight problem and it was fixed with a zip tie, so I wouldnt call that a problem. The mudflap was rubbing against the tire because one of the bolts had let go or something but a ziptie secured it back on just fine.

On Saturday Morning we dropped off the 5 spd 2wd tranny at Red Lances house, then we continued on to Denver.

Next morning we got up and went to CCR's shop, very well organized operation there and those folks are really nice.

Then it was off to Pull N Save. Couple of good scores at the yard.....

Blue high center console with the power window switches and a perfect lid, a rear hatch spoiler for my wagon, and best of all, they had a EA81T Coupe there so I scored a rear trunk emblem with all of the chrome still on it.

Picked up a Brat emblem for my tailgate too.

They had an RX without any powertrain in it but the body, spoiler, etc are all there (3dr white), and the turbo coupe was mostly there, 83 4wd sedan automatic, 84 Brat that was pretty beat up, same color as Micks turbo brat I think, a silver 4wd hatchback, a couple wagons, a 1600GL5 hatch, a few ea82 cars and a 92 Legacy that was almost 100% there including a hitch.

PullNSave in Aurora is where it is.

I got about the same fuel economy going as coming, despite hauling 3 motors. Total weight of the vehicle on departure was over 3400 lbs with passengers, 3 motors, trans, luggage.......

Only 1 roadway snag caused us to have to reroute on the way there for about an hour cuz we took the roads less traveled instead of the suggested roads, which proved to be a wise decision later.

<a href="http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/2226511/detail.html" target="top">Interstate Accident</a>

Guest Zoombaru

It was nice meeting you Shawn. Thanks for the info, I think I might have to take a trip to Pull N Save :)

-Kellie

Guest ShawnW

I forgot to grab the accelerator cable from the turbo coupe if you end up out there and dont mind I would be glad to pay ya for it and your time.