Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2013 Legacy 2.5i Premium

Good Evening,

I just registered to the  forum and was hoping to pickup some ideas from members experiences. I was thinking of starting to do some minor maintenance work on my car again. It has been a while but I think I can tackle some jobs, oil changes, spark plugs and brakes. I already got oil, oil filter and spark plugs and will change them soon.

But first I need to replace my brakes pads and rotor on all 4 tires. I was online looking at the Power Stop / Performance Brake Pads / Rotors Kit. Its complete for the front and rear. Anyone have any experience with this kit? My car is a daily driver, I put about 25k a year on the car, mostly highway. Looking for something that will perform well and last.

Also I ordered spark plugs for said car, does anyone have the gap?  Its a 2.5i Premium 4 cylinder 2013 Legacy. I asked the dealer but they gave me .039 or .043. He said to look under the hood,  should have the gap but I can't find it anywhere. I ordered OEM plugs that came with car. 

Johnsradios

your rotors are quite likely just fine - but we can't see them. Subaru brake gear is good stuff - pads are Akebono ceramic so, OEM would be fine, but most people save a little for similar performance with name-brand aftermarket pads. The Centric PosiQuiet Ceramic i use on our 03 have been long-lasting, quiet and perform like OEM for less $$.  There is a minimum thickness stamped on the rotors, edge or center area, somewhere. Keep the stock rotors if you can.

you might check RockAuto.com and Amazon for prices too.

search this forum for DIY maintenance threads that might help. sometimes you can find Youtube videos that are helpful.

• Like 1