Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Out of retirement

Bringing our 1988 rx back to daily driver duty after 4years of retirement

First I think a little back story or info is needed in 2001 I brought little roo off of WJM as a parts car with a clean title but no engine trans body kit or rear running gear so, me and my dad took a 1989 2wd DL wagon without a title and pulled the wiring dash forward, engine and trans and made it run spfi and all at the time on the old easy board usmb it was one of the first spfi swaps even through it was mostly plug and play. We also used the 2wd rear end parts and rebuilt the ea82 with delta cams and a Nissan vg30 injector when I was in high school.

Now due to me getting layed off a needing a gas milage car again for my wife to drive for now (can't find any newer subarus in our 2500 budget in our area) I putting little roo back on the road.

Now I have it running again that wasn't hard I am however having trouble finding 13 inch tires which I have not been able to find new, used none in my area at all in nearest set of komhos 185 70 13 are in Knoxville tn now I have a set of 14 pugs but the 195 60 14 tires rub the rear wheel wells on bumps (new 2wd struts and new Honda acorrd springs are on their way from rock auto I hope this fixes it) I have everything to 5 lug swap the front end (xt6 parts) but not the rear and want too leave it 2wd for gas milage and I don't need 4wd I have a pathfinder,s10 blazer and a frontier to drive in the salt. Is there a way too put legacy spindles on the rear trailing arms I will cut the old ones out and weld the legacy ones in if need be my car dolly has ea rear spindles on it as well as drum brakes. Know it could be done I just want other ideas.

Also where can I find sway bar end links

Edited by 84gl