Ultimate Subaru Message Board

pease

kqFf4Qe.jpg

I have a 99 impreza outback sport awd and after taking it down a logging road and having to turn around about 2 miles in, I went looking for a truck.  Weeell trucks are expensive, so I'm looking at raising the impreza again.   I just got a job at firestone and get good deals on the tires, so Im eyeing these destination A/ts which come in 205/75r15 and wondering what all I'd need to do to run those tires and get a lift looking like this?

P1010012.jpg

I have to drive ~60 miles round trip so highway driving is a must, but could I get away with just putting on four 2005 forester 'quick struts' (spring/strut/tophat).. or is more required? ?

heres what Im thinking:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-2005-Subaru-Forester-2-5-FCS-Complete-Loaded-Front-Struts-Springs-/201272789277?fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3AForester&hash=item2edccb091d:g:6S8AAOSwEeFU3tOu&vxp=mtr

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FCS-Complete-Loaded-Struts-Coil-Spring-Assembly-Set-REAR-Left-Right-STRUTS-/201271292857?fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3AForester&hash=item2edcb433b9:g:gtMAAOSwYGFUwpTB&vxp=mtr

...or could I get away with just forester struts/my springs and

http://www.subtle-solutions.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_23_32_83&products_id=134

?? IDK I'm kind of lost

Edited by pease

• 3 weeks later...

205/70/15 tires fit my stock 96 Impreza with a little rubbing.  You're more limited by the spring perches than the wheel wells if you do at least a 1" lift.

215/75/15 tires fit my 99 Legacy OB before the lift with a little rubbing.  Supposedly the same struts as the Forester.

I think Scott is right, go with the Forester struts and you can probably go up to 215/75/15 tires.  Even 1/4" wheel spacers will help.  You work at a tire shop, get an old one and see how it fits before you buy a set.  Test fit it with the spring and bump stop off and steer both ways.  If it rubs a little bit, don't worry about it, you won't often be at full steering and bottomed out.

Keep in mind the taller tires will make the gearing worse for low speed off road use.

He already has an outback so he would need forester struts.

?    No, OP, you can use 96-99 Legacy Outback struts/springs.  You'll have to beat back the inner firewall in the rear to keep the spring from rubbing, no big deal.  You'll keep your top hats.   Forester struts/springs will also work.  

My old OBS  on Outback suspension with 27/8.50/15s.

00018wa.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...