Ultimate Subaru Message Board

cruze control educate me please 1996 legacy 2.2

116k miles just replaced head gaskets,  i bought the car for $350  it looks great.

i noticed the cruze does not work,  i assume it was like that before i bought her.

What are common problems and fixes i could start looking onto ?

Thanks

Does the button light up when pressed? If so, I'd check underhand to make sure the vacuum line from the intake to the cruise unit is hooked up. If it's a manual transmission car, the pedal stopper on the clutch pedal could be broken making the system think you have the clutch pushed in.

Does the button light up when pressed? If so, I'd check underhand to make sure the vacuum line from the intake to the cruise unit is hooked up. If it's a manual transmission car, the pedal stopper on the clutch pedal could be broken making the system think you have the clutch push

the car is a Automatic.  yes the light illuminates on the switch,

what does the cruze unit look like and where is it ?   i will check the vacuum when i find the cruze box.  thanks

Edited by winginit

Does the button light up when pressed? If so, I'd check underhand to make sure the vacuum line from the intake to the cruise unit is hooked up. If it's a manual transmission car, the pedal stopper on the clutch pedal could be broken making the system think you have the clutch pushed in.

Ditto for the brake pedal. There will be a switch somewhere such that the cruise control disengages when the brake pedal is pushed. The switch may be mis-adjusted or broken. Check these type of things first as they are easier than digging into the guts of the system.

Ditto for the brake pedal. There will be a switch somewhere such that the cruise control disengages when the brake pedal is pushed. The switch may be mis-adjusted or broken. Check these type of things first as they are easier than digging into the guts of the system.

Where is the switch from the brake pedal ?

I have the same problem. So I will follow this. I can hear my "box" set when using the set lever, So I think the brake switch is ok on mine. But it will not control speed. Can I pull vac on the actuator with a brake bleeding kit and should the cable move? Do not mean to hijack, just the same issue here.