Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to me 73 GL coupe

Thanks! This is a different one though. It is the one I asked about a few months ago that came from Idaho. I believe the one you are thinking of is now the same one that is for sale on bring a trailer.

I've been a lurker on here for a long time and you seem to be one of the go-to guys for knowledge and parts, so let me know if you're willing to part with anything. The only thing it really could use is some better window weather strips and an uncracked dash (unobtanium, I know.) There's other bits here and there also.

I've been making a living working on Subarus since I was a teen, 15 years and counting, and I find myself more drawn to these older ones now. I guess it all started with the second Subaru I owned back in high school, an 87.5 xt turbo (really regret selling that one.)

Yeah that one you have was online before. I remember it with those wheels. Small shop/dealer in Idaho. I spoke with them back a couple years or more.

The other one you're talking about I'm not sure of.

There are a couple uncracked dashboards around. And I'm absolutely wanting to get parts to people and put money into my family. I'm busy these next couple of weeks but I'll be listing stuff like mad really soon.

Well rest assured that I will do everything in my power to preserve this one for my kids and hopefully their kids!

Here's a link to the other one. http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-subaru-1400-dl/

My dash only has one crack right down the middle so I intend to have someone better at this type of thing than me take a look at it. If I came across an uncracked one though I would still be interested to have it as a backup. I'm always buying parts for my older Subarus thinking there will be a day that I will need them. I recently (and reluctantly) tossed an 02 wrx dash. The hoarder part of me had a really hard time with that. Thirty years from now I will probably need it when I'm restoring a vintage wrx!

Looks like a real nice survivor. A good upholstery guy should be able to stretch some vinyl over the old pad and make it like new. That's what I did with mine. Just Dashes or a like place can also do them, but IMO the price was ridiculous for the size of the pad. Let me know if you find a source for window seals, I need them also.

Mark