Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2001 Forester vs 2001 Impreza RS ECU pinout differences?

I'm gonna be installing a V5/6 JDM EJ205 turbo into my 2001 Forester and will need to install a Greddy Emanage to tune the ECU to run it. Boomslang makes a PnP harness listed for the Impreza RS of the same year, but nothing else. I looked up ECU numbers and they are different but I'd be fairly certin that the pinouts are the same and it's an ECU tune difference. but I can't verify.

Anyone have pinouts?

There's only one difference that year - two different style crank trigger marks.

You're probably familiar with it but for clarity - keep the crank sprocket and cam sprocket with the ECU/vehicle and everything else - engine, wiring, are the same. 

Since the ECU can't run the other style crank there are simply 2 different ECU's that's year but i don't think it's a forester/impreza difference and it doesn't change the wiring - just the ECU.

Yup, the triggers should be the same, I'm hoping, and have verified to be the case by a few people. They have to be since the JDM DOHC turbo engines from 1999-2000 ( V5/V6 ) have no USDM counterpart to swap the parts from, so it's the only chance it will work

Thanks.. I wont be cutting wires on this. To any degree at least. Ik the engine harness needs a little work to hook up to the EJ205. But I gotta have it in DD condition stock to turbo in a week. Or I could pull turbo and run NA till I got time