Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'96 Impreza outback camber adjustment?

Hey guys, I finally got off my but and put my Forester lift on my '96 Impreza outback. and WOW, it sits really tall, much more then I was expecting. But it achieved what I wanted anyway, so I'm not worried about it. I do have one issue with it though, it appears that my car now has quite a bit of positive camber, I searched camber bolts, but I'm not sure what is best. I've seen many ways to adjust camber on vehicles with struts, oblong the holes, oblong bolts/washers, and a camber plate? So what would be my best bet if I wanted to do it on the cheap. the way it sits now, I'll be burning though my tires before fall gets here, lol. thanks for any input. BTW, this would be for BOTH the front and rear. 

Thanks again, Harold

When I do the Forster Strut Lift, on the rear struts I put a smaller dia bolt in the top hole and move the hub all the way in against the bolt.  I've been running this way for years, no problem.  

I pull a spare bolt out of my stock of Subaru Bolts, I use the bolt that goes through the trailing arm and into the bottom of the rear hub.  If a spacer is needed, I grab the extra strut nut you are not using and put it on the bolt with the small end against the strut and the nut flange out so the 17mm nut for the small dia bolt has a flange to mate up with.

Hit a self serve yard and you will have everything you need for a few $.

Larry

The top bolt that attaches the strut to the knuckle should be eccentric, and you rotate it to adjust camber. Always better to adjust camber at the wheel than at the strut tower.

I did notice how the top bolt was large on one side, but when I tried to spin it it didn't move, I'll remove it again, take it to the wire wheel clean it up, ans throw some grease on it and see if it spins then, thank you!

When I do the Forster Strut Lift, on the rear struts I put a smaller dia bolt in the top hole and move the hub all the way in against the bolt.  I've been running this way for years, no problem.  

I pull a spare bolt out of my stock of Subaru Bolts, I use the bolt that goes through the trailing arm and into the bottom of the rear hub.  If a spacer is needed, I grab the extra strut nut you are not using and put it on the bolt with the small end against the strut and the nut flange out so the 17mm nut for the small dia bolt has a flange to mate up with.

Hit a self serve yard and you will have everything you need for a few $.

Larry

I might just have that bolt in stock, I disassembled my buddies '93 Impreza over the winter and kept all the bolts. Thanks for the suggestion, that if for sure one way to keep it cheap!