Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Jimbo's 1988 GL 4wd. Edelbrock equipped!

Mechanical_misfit

Here are some extra pics of the Grizzly this summer. It's been a great little chase car for our camping trips. Until money and opportunity permits, we have to take two vehicles on our trips because they're not enough seatbelts or room in the cab of my old Dodge. I am holding out hope I can find a 70s club or crew cab dodge to haul my camper. 

20190714_130220(0)-2016x1512.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Weighing my options for a Weber swap. The ea82 carb seems to be down on power and has decided to no longer want to idle when cold. No obvious vacuum leaks but I haven't had time to look more closely. 

Also, when was the last time you saw an 88 towing a 68? I had to get rid of our 360 shell because we are planning a long distance move and didn't want to haul it with us. I gave it to my boss who is into micro cars and will do something with it. 

Still very happy with this car. It does every thing I ask. Commute, plow, tow, and get us out into the woods. 

20200102_074555-3024x2268.jpg

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Thanks to my pal Michael the grizzly is now sporting all the factory spfi parts. Cold starts are obviously much improved. Performance is better than ever as well. I had to modify the stock intake by rotating it 90 degrees and mounting a cone filter in the factory spare tire location. This was due to my dual battery set up taking up room for the stock air box. I've also removed the carpet and given the floors a good coating of bed liner. 

I've recently picked up a Meyers brand poly plow blade to replace the heavy steel one. We're now located in Michigan's Keweenaw peninsula, aka big snow country. We will see how the grizzly holds up to the demands. Luckily I have a very short driveway to clear. My snow blower is also tuned up and on stand by. Our first snow was yesterday, but it has since melted. I'm waiting on the welding shop to repair the plow blade for me and I'll post picks or video once she's back in snow pushing service. 

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 1:55 PM, GrizzlyFox said:

The 854 tempo springs have no issues holding the weight of the snow plow! ...

On 11/29/2019 at 10:37 AM, GrizzlyFox said:

... I have also added the accord rear springs. Up front I made my own 2 inch lift blocks and will also be adding the Ford tempo springs as documented in Jezek's write up ...

I'm glad the the ideas written there, were Helpful for you.

Thank you for mentioning it, Sir :) 

I like your Subaru!

Kind Regards.