Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Aviation, Who?

Guest c150L

Cool, hope this post is not beyongd the scope of the meet/greet area. Anyway.

Just wondering who's into the Fly Boy stuff. Here's my info, post as you wish.

350 hr, private pilot, currently dealing with a miscommunication deal with the FAA in regards to my medical.

Bought 150 Cessna (c150L), got license in it, owned and flew it for 4.5 year till the medical thing. (Sold in 99, :mad: )

Bought a Fisher FP202, Koala. 277 rotax. (1cyl, 2cycle EEWWWW!) Runs and flies great, bit uncomfortable with the one popper out in front, but WHEN it quits, shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Working on a 4 cyl, 4 cycle 32CI Continental to replace the 2 cycle.

OH, OH, Please move me to "Off Topic" Lest someones going to fly into 3WO, CLI, PCZ or 68C, probably won't be much "Meeting" here.

P.S. 68C has a great lunch each Friday bout noon. $5 min donation, and eat like a king. (Go back for seconds, thirds if you wish.) Stuffed cornish hens 2 weeks ago, BBQ pork ribs next week. Yes, all the trimming too.

Guest Turbone

Too bad you didnt keep the Cessna, Dale. I would have had fun flying you around:lol: I had a ground school class in High School, and have had some time in a Glider, DeHav and an A-6 Intruder. Have always wanted to get my private, just havent had time & money. My Dad had his private until an accident took an eye, then he went with a Ultra light. Casper Wing was his last, but I had to ground him. Actually it was the wing, I could poke my finger thru it:eek:

Rob

HUMMM, If I'd have kept the Cessna, I'd probably have ton more hours in. But I'm a legal guy, so staying that way until I get the FAA to cut the red tape. THat's why I sold it. Just to stay honest.

A person can fly with one eye. I have 2 good eyes, but I can't fly because I can not move my eyes L-R far enough. (No double vision, but one consultant for the FAA dreamt up "Decreasing visual accuity and lack of fusion". Only saw any of the people in from FAA, and he told me to my face that I didn't have a disqualifying condition. Appearently once they make up a story, they're too good to say they screwed up. THe person that told me I didn't have a disq condition, rubber stamped the letters that came out of OK.

UR not from Wisconsin, are you? Good past friend from long time ago, has same name as U, but we called him Bob. (Same last name.)

Need someone to fly into Wis, somewhere, so I can MEET them.

Guest subyguy

nice to see some flyers out there.

private pilot.

260hours.

complex and tail wheel indorsments.

love to fly curntly trying to get money to finish my instrament and comercial.

worst and best moment. hum flying to ocean shores washington with two old frineds,

worst part total electrical failer:eek: just after take off at night. and lights on airport went out halfway down downwind. to cut it short grate thing for cell phones and flight service oh yea and alaska airlines 737-800s. all at 1130 at night with out moon.

• 2 months later...
Guest Grounded1

I'm not a pilot but have been an A & P for 20 years. I've worked from flightschools to commercial. My favorite time spent fixing planes was at a Raytheon dealer. Barons, Bonanzas, King Airs and BeechJets. Best time I ever had.

Pat

Guest mtsmiths

Air Force brat, got my ticket in Hawaii. Owned a Luscomb 8A (project, never got it flying), a Grumman AA1B which I totaly rebuilt and flew all over Hawaii, then from LGB to Kalispell, MT where it's in storage for the current owner. An Aeronca 7AC Champ, which I've flown in every state west of the Mississippi (except Alaska and Hawaii). I curently have a Spezioi Sport (TuHoler) that I recently purchased in TUS and just flew up to Whitefish (58S on the Bilings sectional).

Lot'sa low-n-slow pilotage flying I don't own nor plan to buy a GPS. I like taildraggers, grass strips, and NORDO airplanes. Because they are smaller (open cockpit) I flew up from AZ to MT using WAC charts ... that IS a challenge when you're dead reckoning across 150 miles of open desert.

On the eye thing, if you really want to fly get the AOPA involved.

Subyguy, was it you that wanted the sunvisors? If so, let me know on the side. Otherwise I'm gonna give em to someone 'cause I'm clearing out my garage (our house is for sale).