Ultimate Subaru Message Board

05 outback 3.0 H6 oil cooler line rusting away

So I've got a customer with an 05 ll bean outback and one of their oil cooler lines is rusting out.

The Subaru dealer doesn't carry the pipe I need only the one on the front of the engine.

The pipe I need runs by the exhaust up the back of the block into unknown territory.

Its on the verge of failing and I'm not sure what to do, I really don't want a pull and save part because of how badly corodded this one is already.

if it's really bad - install regular heater/coolant hose in it's place until you can get a good part in hand.

look/ask for a blown H6 engine (any 01-09 EZ30) - if they have a blown engine they might be willing to pull that pipe for you.

www.car-part.com

order from subaru.

i'm sure with the part number you can get one from ebay or amazon. Subaru part

post in the parts wanted forum.

Edited by grossgary

14165AA021

MSRP is $53.82, it's in stock in every Subaru warehouse in the country, which means that any dealership should be able to have it in a couple days.

FYI, the one that goes back past the exhaust has nothing to do with the oil cooler, it's the return line from the heater core.

• Like 1

14165AA021

MSRP is $53.82, it's in stock in every Subaru warehouse in the country, which means that any dealership should be able to have it in a couple days.

FYI, the one that goes back past the exhaust has nothing to do with the oil cooler, it's the return line from the heater core.

Wow the way they have that routed I couldn't tell. I tried looking through the entire engine cooling section and couldn't find it anywhere. Thank you, that's the part for sure.

• 2 weeks later...