Ultimate Subaru Message Board

C'mon north!

Guest hodakarider

Guest hodakarider

Well, I posted this awhile back on the "Old school" forum, and thought I'd put it up here, too. Anyone want to come up for a 4X, backroad tour, Ainsworth trip? Your American $ means it's a cheap trip for you, and I could arrange some off-road stuff nearby.

Guest oddcomp

lol subrina the turbo soob sccots but i am afraid with the exhaust currently making it sound like a hot rod lawn mower i think they might realize either someone is making a run for the border or another drunk on his john deer got lost

hehe

Guest magnificent subaru

Hodakarider: I'll have to come up and check you out. I've been to Rossland, BC to snowboard at Red Mountain ten years or so ago and have always wanted to return. My wife and I road-tripped and honeymooned on SaltSpring Island, we've been there twice. We digs canada but you've got to watch your p's and q's with the RCMP!!

Ross

Guest hodakarider

No kidding! My sube used to live on Saltspring! Yeah, c'mon up sometime, and bring the Spokane/CD'A guys, too! LOTS of back roads up here to explore.

Guest edrach

Are you anywhere near Merritt, BC? I'm debating coming up there in two weeks for the rallycross.

I've got to check the current border regs since my passport needs to be renewed.

Guest magnificent subaru

Ed: I've never had to use my passport. Just the license/I.D. seems to do the trick. 'course there could be new regs I don't know about.

Ross

Guest hodakarider

I'm about 4-5 hours away from Merritt. At the border you'll need your birth certificate and driver's licence. You don't need a passport, but if you have one you can use it instead.

Guest edrach

That's the problem; I'm a naturalized US Citizen and I usually use a copy of my Naturalization papers unless my Passport is up to date (it's not right now). I don't have a birth certificate since it was lost in World War II (I was born in a section of Germany that is now Poland--no chance to get updated paperwork there). Anyway, I'm not sure what the new requirements are for crossing (and re-crossing) the border. Also, I can't seem to find any information about the BC rallycrosses other than the date and town. I don't feel like driving 5 hours and then finding I wouldn't be able to enter my car because of some technicality.

Guest hodakarider

I see your situation. When my dad and I went to Oregon in Sept. to visit my brother, my dad forgot his birth certificate at home. They almost didn't let him through without it, but I think the "Crossing Guards :rollin: " on the American side (the side I go through when I enter the States) are a little more severe in general than the ones on the Canadian side (the side you-all go through on your way into Canada).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest hodakarider

Well, Ross (Magnificent) has expressed an interest. Anybody else wanna come up and play this summer? Big lake, lotsa camping, trails of all types (car, bike, hike)

• 1 month later...