Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Here because of deer!

My story has irony, but I will reduce it a lot here. I was ready to buy an Outback, but the dealer was just too proud and I bought a RAV4 instead. One year later, a local hit a deer in her 2003 Outback. It messed up the hood and grille, and an unknown amount of other damage. I bought it, hoping for the best, got a new hood and used a tow strap to pull body parts back. The very same day I got the new hood and body working together, my wife wants to try out the car. She comes back twenty minutes later. Of course, she hit a deer. Thankfully, the hit was on the side and the only damage was another dent and some deer crap on the door.

The Outback now has Blizzak 80 tires for our snow season. I just replaced the wiper blades, 22", 20", and 15". The rear blade I cut down the rubber and reused the original metal.

So I have an old Outback with lots of miles, but I hope it lasts a while longer.

I have been lurking here and "getting up to speed" but I hope to start participating.

Deer. I read the other day the state you're most likely to hit a deer in is W. Virginia. I live right across the river in S.E. Ohio and I hit another one with my Mercury. Hood and grille, headlight support, radiator support, took out the radiator fan support, fender damage and probably more. I think that's number 5.