Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone have experience with TPMS sensor cloning for sensor replacement or a second set of wheels? If so what brand/system did you use? I have an 08 Imreza 2.5i wagon with a sensor starting to fail. I've been looking at the Dorman 974-515 MULTi-FIT (315) Universal Programmable Tire Pressure Monitoring System Kit. Looks like it should work for my car but I'm uncertain and don't want to spend a ton of money if it's not going to work.

Thanks,

Keith

The Dorman kit is 4 sensors and the programming tool for under $300. Every tool I've seen that can program the schrader ez sensors is over $300 and then you still have to buy sensors at $35-40 each. Unless there is a $200 tool I'm missing that's why I'm looking at the Dorman system.

The Dorman system is garbage. It will not read sensors or reset them to the vehicle.. If you want to do it once, just go to a shop that will program Schrader ez sensors. Buy sensors if they don't have them.. I work at a shop so that's how I have experience. Its not a tool I would need at home

I did a ton more digging and came up with, and ordered, the ATEQ VT36 for $273 on Amazon. No sensors at that price but it's a full RF system and the ATEQ documentation says it will do sensor cloning on the Schrader EZ sensors. It's not listed on the Schrader website as one of the units that works which is why I didn't find it originally. It doesn't come with any sensors for that price but this way I can actually diagnose which sensor(s) are bad and replace only what is needed. 

BTW, I have my own mounting and balancing equipment and "maintain" over a dozen cars across all my family, so it pays in the end for me to have my own equipment for things like this. 

Thanks