EAST COAST MEET-INFO FOR NJ Pine Barrens 4/13/2003

Guest Dennis

Guest Dennis

this thread did die...

i was trying to act like i ignored that last comment by not posting haha

that was a joke son

got the pugs on the RX by the way...

Guest moosens

OK here's something that'll wake the dead!!!

Prizes awarded by the legendary Rev. G.L. Fivespeed and his mythical orchestra.

I'll bring some EA82 and EA81 parts for some "awards" for best car pre 1990(the leftover '90-94 Loyales don't mean much to the Rev.)

Best in Show

Furthest driven to meet.

Ugliest car.

Highest mileage showing.

Best Modifications.

A special award for the car that brings college girls in cheerleader uniforms too.:P

Seriously though,I'm shooting for a nice breakfast at the diner(Red Lion) around 8:30-9 AM,mosey on over and be accepting company by 10 for sure...

uno month to go.....Dennis shot me an e-mail about when I can borrow your abilities to help me install my lift kit. I will be doing it on a Thursday or Friday.

Guest moosens

Welcome back to the "Dennis,Paul,and EJ post".

Well,I lost out on the Subaru bowling shirt,so I'll just give out the "awards" wearing a cargo cover from WagonWagon.

So,you guys want to see the '78,82,or 89 4WD wagon??

Hey Paul before you go flying again maybe you should get your subie a black box? Or contact the FAA to see if you need a permit or something....:lol:

Guest moosens

The last time I took a '70's Subaru in the woods was probably to get a little :D;) ... :eek: ...ahh the good ol' days indeed.:lol: :cool:

I doubt any of you guys will want to ride with me in that thing now.:rollin:

I'm trying to get Rory to drive my '89 down so I can thrash about in that one while the carload of college girls admires my '78 all day.:)

Might take the '78 in,we'll see.I'll have my son with me so I'm counting on getting home with little or no damage on at least one car.

Matt,you done getting all the sand out from last year??

Guest subeman90

Honest to God...if you hit the cover that goes under the engine with your fist (not hard) you can hear New Jersey's finest sand go psshhhh out of the car. :lol:

Next time I do an OC I will have to get the hose underthere a little better.

Moosens: i would ride in your 78 just make sure there isn't anything sticky on the seat... :rollin:

Matt

Subeman are you coming to the next meet, I am sure you can catch a ride into the barrens with someone...co-pilot action is better than no action.

Guest moosens

I'm bringing my 5 year old son so there could very well be something sticky on the seat...just melted ice cream or something....I swear.:D

Guest brattysvx

Thanks for choosing Sunday. Now I might be able to make it depending how tired I am after my SVX meet the day before. Where exactly is Pine Barrens (idea of distance from Philly area)? My Brat is progressing nicely. Doesn't seem to be leaking anymore brake fluid. Maybe they didn't get them totally bled the last time. I think it might be wise to get my inspection done before hand in case I would tear something up ya know. That way I have time to make the repairs. As for the import show in Carlisle the website for registering cars is up. Its at http://www.carlisleproductions.com Iooks like $15 for the first car $10 for the second and $5 for the 3rd. It includes a 3 day pass to the show (I think last year I paid $7 to get in for a day). I'm probably gonna take the Brat and my SVX.

Hey Bratty try to get in touch with Dennis, he lives in Philly. I sure he can get you to the Pine Barrens, might get lost once or twice but he'll find it. He gets a little nervous out in the woods, he needs to get out of the city more often. Must have to do with the Jerzey Devil. If not let me know and we'll get you some directions, the park is off of Route 206 just north of Hammition.

Guest Dennis

EJ - it aint the jersey devil man, its tony soprano

ben...i got the email you sent, i still have to get around to pulling the hitch off of my car...ill try to get it done next week as im on workers comp this week

if you wanna drive to meet me that day (april 13th) at my place in philly...its only about 25 minutes past me

Guest brattysvx

I think or hope its April 13th. 12th is reserved for my SVX meet! So its just outside Philly huh. That should work great. I didn't know if I'd be up for a 4 or 5 hour drive after being out late the night before.

No prob on the hitch. Its not like I'm in need of it. Just want to have a back up to tow my sailboat.

Guest subeman90

I still plan on comming. Co-pilot action is cool with me!

Bratty: plan on it taking 2 to 2.5 hrs. from lancaster. It took me about 2 last year from akron.

Matt

Guest hocrest

I'm new here and have a few thoughts:

-How far out of place would a 97 Legacy be?

I know I don't have the clearance of the older models and I don't want to hold everyone back by getting stuck in the sand every 5 minutes.

I have spent some time on the dirt trails and going through the wood of the state forest in central PA so minor scratches and bumps aren't a big concern, but this is my only car and work has me driving around 100 miles daily (that time in my Sub is the best part of my job) so I can't really take the chance of knocking it out with anything major.

I realize the Legacy isn't an offroader so don't worry about offending me by telling me to "keep it on the road"

Dave

Guest moosens

You can go through and probably not have any trouble if you just keep it moving and not get too wild.Or you can park it out front and ride with someone.

We don't have many lifted Subaru at our meet and we've all gotten out.You'll do fine,come on along and try.We all have tow straps,etc and everyone is helpful.