Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Apologies to all...killed a soob today.

My apologies to all. Was out parts chasing in my wifes Saturn. This woman pulled out in front of me trying to make a left turn from an intersecting street and STOPPED halfway across my lane. Brakes locked up, I skidded 30-40 feet, the airbags went off and the Saturn killed a 99 Forester. Well, nobody was hurt, but my left thumb isn't working exactly right. Oh well...I'm sure I'll be sore in the morning. :banana:

I'll be sure and punish myself appropriately in the morning. :dead:

Hate to hear about the crash bro, just hope your OK.:eek:

I totaled a Tricked out BRAT in 1988 the same exact way, but wierd thing was, I hit a Subaru GL and it SURVIVED! Just poped out his fender and went on his merry own way while I got the ticket.

:banghead:

Thanks for the confession, now say 10 Hail Mary's and call me in the morning.

i say that it was needed, someone needs to punish the dumb for driving something as great as a suby. besides, why the **** would you stop in the middle of oncoming traffic, sounds like the idiots around here. if they spend more money on their car then you, they think they always hve right of way, nomatter what the situation.:mad: i needed to rant, sorry for any who are offended.

yeah, the other day Jessica was driving my 85 wagon, and some girl in a Pilot pulled out RIGHT in front of us, didn't even look. Thank God Jessica reacted quickly and downshifted and nailed the brakes. Locked up all four tires and left four NICE skidmarks and a cloud of smoke. Not even THAT caused her to look in our direction at all.. Glad we didn't hit her cuz it's a hassle, but I kinda wish we had, woulda taught her a lesson. (She had that mommy-and-daddy-just-bought-me-this look) Also good reason to have a car with a working horn, cuz then we could have gotten her attention before she pulled out, cuz I saw her creeping forward (As she's looking the OTHER WAY) and then she pulled out, We missed her by about six inches...

SW, at least it wasn't your fault! go to the doctor, get that stiff neck looked at. don't forget to wear a neck brace to court ;)

I'd only owned my first turbowagon for two months when some @#$%@#$% in a suzuki sidekick or something rolled out of a blind driveway right in front of me; I barely had time to brake let alone downshift. Her excuse was that she couldn't see past the cars parked on the side of the road on either side of the driveway.. so she just rolled out as if it were safe! Good thing there are only SIX other driveways to the parking lot she was in. I didn't curse her out because I was in my work uniform, otherwise I probably would have found out how rude I'm capable of being... the good news? I paid $1000 for the car (financed it), got like $1600 from her insurance, paid off the car AND fixed it out of pull N save. had to chance the grille, hood, bumper, lower valance, A/C evaporator, radiator, radiator suport bar, and jack the bottom front crossmember straight, but I had money left over!

later when I was trying to sell my barracuda (when it still ran) I thought about driving in circles downtown and wait for someone to hit me turning left from the inside of a particularly bad intersection that I'd had several near misses at.. just use it as an accident magnet and make some money that way :P