Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are there any BRAT fender flares/ other options?

So I have rust (of course) around my rear wheels. It's probably not worth patching and painting it, but I'd like to remove the rust, and put something over the area like fender flares, or something else to cover the area that doesn't look too out of place. 

Does someone make something like that? Or is there a good option people have used before?

Oh yeah, this is on an 85 BRAT by the way

Edited by Paperscale

There are no fender flares specifically for Brats or any of our older gen Soobies for that matter. You'll just have to start looking at universal flares or ones designed for other rigs, take measurements and start modifying. I don't remember ever seeing anything here about someone doing it, but with all the lifted rigs we have, maybe someone has done it. It's definitely doable.

I used these fiberglass flares, I got off eBay meant for a Datsun 240z, along with an inch or two of metal trimmed back from the edge of the wheel arches to remove my wheel arch rust and make room for big tires. 

http://www.flickr.com/photos/musubk/22129087410/

They looked good but the fiberglass was too fragile for me beating up the car offroad, so now I'm using a set of mountain bike tires cut in half and bolted on to make knobby rubber flares. They look kind of weird but they're cheap and tough.