Ultimate Subaru Message Board

84 Subaru brat resurrection help needed

Need boards help, again. I was very fortunate two weeks ago and was able to pick up two brats for $1.00. Previous owner gave up, and I'm planning to resurrect these brats. Problem is the 84 brat is missing the wiring harness and the computor. This is what is on the Underhood sticker:

Engine Famil-EFJ1.8T2Afd3 (109 cid)

EGR/AIV/OC

Evaporative Emmisions Family

It is a 1984 brat w/ vin # JF2 AT53B1 EE504798

I'd like to get a hold of all emmisions diagram, and wire harness, so I can put this back together. It came with an older motor in it, and I believe its the origingal motor sitting in the bed. Just have to figure out how it goes. I own another 84 brat, and it looks identical, but last time a looked for a box, ran into problem finding one. If you have one, let me know. Also, since I've never removed a wire harness from inside, what does it look like? Is it easy to remove? When compared to my running 84 brat, there seems to be a harness missing on the Rt , just below the rt hood hinge. It has a large rubber boot, where it appears the harness went thru, but the dead brat is missing the harness. Last, how do you tell which emmisions where installed on a vehicle, and where was the vehicle first sold? Just wondering, since CA has stricked smog rules.I will post pics, as soon as I get more info. Thanks to all for your help in advance............................................Hugo/ CA

The wiring harness is not hard to remove!

The nice thing is it's ala carte.

They have made it up in sections so you can just remove it a section at a time and install it a section at a time. It would be some work but not difficult work.

If you could get the two cars side by side it would be simple!

Good luck

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer, with original wiring harness

01 Forester,

Thanks guys for your input. Does anyone have pictures of the wireharness out of the vehicle. After seperation, how many pieces will the harness become? I'm hoping to see one out of the vehicle, before I get started. I'll send pics in the next post.

Now I just need the harness. Anyone, please send pics.......Hugo/ So. CA

• 1 year later...