Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'Sup from New York

Hey all - I procured a 2004 Subaru Legacy SE a few years back, completely on a whim. Used to be into German engineering, but I've grown emotionally attached to my subie. Haven't looked back since she became mine. This babe has gotten me through thick and thin and I want to keep maintaining her to the best of my abilities. Since I am so persnickety about mechanics (and I've gone through quite a few) I thought I'd hop on a forum and try to teach myself a thing or two more so I can treat the old girl as well as she treats me. Also seeking a B5 LGT - manual. Have done my fair share of research and self-educating up to this point but want to become more fluent in Subaru mechanics. Can't wait to explore this place. Thanks for having me!

Hey there. Joe is the name and this is the place to find out about your Subie. I was into Ford's, had a Ranger, but got a Subie when my clutch was going out and then had 28" of snow. Guess who was taking everyone to work, because no one else could get around in the snow. The Subie totally impressed me and I have never turned back. I love them so much that my family now has Subie's because I have shown them how awesome they are. 

So, if you need to know something, post a question and the guys here are great about sharing, and I chime in whenever I can add my two cents. Glad to have you on the site.