Ultimate Subaru Message Board
the goat

wheel & lug pattern question...again

i understand that many people purchase the pug wheels because of the 4 lug pattern but where i work i have noticed an old bmw 2002 with a 4 lug pattern rim and a honda civic with a 4 lug pattern rim. will these fit a subaru? just wondering. i thought most passenger cars were 5 lug. thanks for any insight.

No, these will not fit. Many compacts us a 4-lug pattern. There are two standard sizes. 4x100 and 4x114.3. Subaru uses a 4x140 pattern which is non-standard. Peugeot is the only other company to use this pattern.

Soobs and Pugs are 4 lugs on a 140mm bolt circle( the distance between the two opposite lugs), most all of the rest have a smaller bolt circles 100mm, 114mm and so on.

Nope. The Subarus' lug spaceing is different. 144mm, I think. Wereas the others: BMW, Toy, honduh, ford, chevy, etc.. all have a smaller spacing. K? Unfortunatly, Pugs are the only alternitive. Unless U wish to convert to the Toy 6 lug or redrill a set of chevy rims.

4 x 5.5" in case anyone is wondering. 6 lug chevy and toyota rims are 6 x 5.5", and this is why we all do the 6 lug conversion, or drill two holes in the chevy rims. Depends on the rim type if you can drill the rim or not.

GD

Theres a couple of people that have redrilled their hubs to 4x100.. wider aftermarket selection that way.

Theres a couple of people that have redrilled their hubs to 4x100.. wider aftermarket selection that way.

explain the process please. im interested

You have to add studs (4) (and remove 2 of the existing ones), or drill two new holes in the rim. Easier to drill holes in the rim IMO. But either way works.

GD

Sorry to hijack but,GD when you drill the Chevy 6 hole rims do you just use a Sube wheel to make a template,line up two holes on the 6 hole with the template and drill.Dave.

Guest taprackready
Sorry to hijack but,GD when you drill the Chevy 6 hole rims do you just use a Sube wheel to make a template,line up two holes on the 6 hole with the template and drill.Dave.

I can't tell if you have a question or are answering the original poster's question.

Because I would use a hub, not a wheel to make a template. I'd press out two lugs, bolt the hub to the chevy wheel and mark the wheel to drill two new holes.

Bill

Yep - taprack has the right idea. That's what I did. That's the procudure that's been floating around for a while. You can also take the hubs to a machine shop and have them drilled for 6 lugs - they can even spline the holes for the lugs.....

Make sure there are not raised bumps where you need to drill on the rim. I've encountered some steel wheels that can't be drilled because the surface isn't flat between the existing holes.

GD

No.

Although I fail to see how you read through this thread and still had that question...

GD

I was hoping that there may be some other oddball subes out there besides the justy with a 4x100 pattern

The Justy isn't fully a soob - thus your confusion I suppose. It was apparently a joint project by Subaru and Isuzu..... the source of the weird lug pattern possibly. It also came with 12" wheels originally. Some of the later ones had 13's tho.

GD