Ultimate Subaru Message Board

bypass valve

If you ca'n't weld aluminum, or find someone that can, you're stuck. At least with that style of valve. If you could find a flush mount, like the WRX BPV, you could get away without welding anything.. but it would take a lot of sealant.

Added note. If you are running stock boost, the BPV is unnecessary.. if you are much above stock boost, you should have an IC, which will change the way the BPV is plumbed anyway.

ya i know, im trying to get a turbo timer, boost controller, gauges (a/f, boost/vacume, and EGT) and get a intercooler settup like yours with H20 sprayer settup, and a electric fan pushing air through the intercooler until i can get a scoop to fit my hood.

If you ca'n't weld aluminum, or find someone that can, you're stuck. At least with that style of valve. If you could find a flush mount, like the WRX BPV, you could get away without welding anything.. but it would take a lot of sealant.

Added note. If you are running stock boost, the BPV is unnecessary.. if you are much a bove stick boost, you should have an IC, which will change the way the BPV is plumbed anyway.