Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What head gasket to use?

Two times i have changed the headgaskets and i see this again.

There was nothing in the begining but now its increasing and i have to ad about 1dl cooland once a week.

Its just the same as the last time i changed headgaskets.

You may have a cracked head.

Two times i have changed the headgaskets and i see this again.

There was nothing in the begining but now its increasing and i have to ad about 1dl cooland once a week.

Its just the same as the last time i changed headgaskets.

20171118_121027.jpg

This is not unusual - it's from short trips, and inoperative PCV system. It does not indicate coolant loss. That is condensation. 

GD

Today when driving i hear this woshing running water sound from the heater core.

Open the hood and noticed the coolant level on the expansion was about 1-2 cm higher than usual.

Open up the radiatorcap and expected an explotion of coolant but nothing.

Those are part of an indication of failing head gaskets.

You need to be checking coolant level in the radiator and the overflow before every drive to be more certain. Don't open the radiator cap unless it is low on coolant. The system needs to be 100% full of coolant, little to no air.

Fell pro Perma torq  ,  no need for warming up and re torqueing .   follow the three  torque  sequences , then add  a final   step  using   50 ft lbs .

felpro part number     9392pt      

I second that. On a boxer engine,  you don't have access to the head bolts to retorque them. With NeverTorques, you don't have to, because they don't relax over time. When they relax, there's less clamping action and they get blow-by and fail.

cnc