Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea to ej swap: CV stud swap

Hey all

Ive read on a couple topics with ej swaps people swapping out cv axle studs to use the ea generation cv axles. Any threads on this? or any one have advice on this? would like to use the ea cv axles so i dont have to do custom ones and keep cost effective in the future. any help appreciated 

It can be done. But it requires splitting two transmissions. The 23 spline stub has to come from an ea82 5mt transmission as well, ea81 stubs aren't compatible.

What car is getting the swap? If it's an ea82 body you can use ea82 turbo axles because they are 25 spline.

It can be done. But it requires splitting two transmissions. The 23 spline stub has to come from an ea82 5mt transmission as well, ea81 stubs aren't compatible.

What car is getting the swap? If it's an ea82 body you can use ea82 turbo axles because they are 25 spline.

It's a 83 gl hatch body fwd. I have a 82 gl 4wd 4 speed tranny but sounds like what I thought and that's the ea81 trans is too small of a diameter.