Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I've thought of making a bolt on style teardrop for my boat trailer. The boat is a 14ft aluminum and is easily moved by 2 people. I wasnt a fan of the dinky little 12 inch rims and lightly dry rotted tires on it, so I bought a horse trailer axle and leaf springs, welded rear spindles from a FWD Impreza for the ends and run Subaru steel rims and 235 70 15 tires on it. Has gone to California and back without issue.

Might mount some bolt points to it and make a utility bed and a teardrop option so it can serve more functions.

I have a teardrop brand cab over camper for my truck its really nice add a tow bar and the entire Subaru becomes a trailer lol prsonaly I would have left part of the front end that looks funkie like that like it has a big scar kinda like it had cancer and is waiting for plastic surgery maybe if the tounge was shorter they could put a boot between them like a extra long city bus lol

Would be nice if http://overdraftautolife.com/2013/08/21/do-it-yourself/ has some interior pics. May be a bit short for someone over 6' tall.

Also no kitchen hatch.

It certainly isn't perfect as a camper trailer, but it is a great piece of inspiration.

I wonder what the total weight and tongue weight would be like if you cut a Forester at the firewall or maybe halfway back the front doors. Or maybe slope it back from the floor at the firewall to the roof at the B pillar....

• 2 weeks later...