Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Shipping parts from craigslist - risky?

Suggestions for buying and shipping parts off craigslist? Just consider it a gamble?

Seems solid - good pictures and communication.

Could do eBay. Any other suggestions? Dislike sounding like I don't trust him....but forum members borrowing and never returning FSMs and parts, hard to ignore.

If you use paypal, worst case you can always file a dispute if they don't send your part.

DO NOT PAY AS A GIFT! If you pay as a gift, you can't make a dispute, if they insist you pay as a gift.... They're trying to scam you...

Either that or they're worried you'll file a dispute after you get the parts and screw them over... craigslist distrust goes both ways, having been screwed as a buyer and a seller, I get it.

hey gary,  i believe we have been e-mailing back and forth. i understand your cautiousness about long distance cl purchase's. thats why i use paypal, it helps secure the deal for both parties involved. I'm here on the forum, and you can call me to chat in person if it makes you feel more comfortable. Im a honest person. we've had a few encounters here on the forum. your name is one of the one's ive seen a lot, and always with accurate knowledge.

no offense taken. cl can be sketchy, ive had a few good deals and a few not so good deals.

so far this has been the best place to find accurate info on these cars, and people who are passionate about it. herse a pic of my xt6, just cuz lol

post-62699-0-31696600-1490059638_thumb.jpg

titles says 89 but its a MY 88, pobably sold in 88 too. legacy struts in the front with forester hubs(one is a 2nd gen lgt i need to replace), and rear's are loyale wagon. its a little high but im gonna get 90's rear brakes on and a e-brake again before i worry about that. im pretty sure im a member at subaruxt.com theres just not a lot of activity so i dont tend to go there lol. im pretty sure thats where i found to use legacy struts and loyale wagon struts to sit even, and it does.