Ultimate Subaru Message Board

crazy, slightly dumb project

I am putting together this little project. It involves a formula ford-ish tube frame chasis with a non turbo ea82. The catch is that I have a twin turbo setup off of a masserati, a saab 9000 i/c, bypass valve and a lot of time. I was just wondering what sort of ecu/computer problems i'm going to run into with the twin turbos. I am unsure if the maf sensor(motor is an 89) will run after the turbos or not. That is the major hang up so far. Any ideas, I know some people have turbo'd n/a cars before and was just wondering what problems they ran into. Thanks!

Gotta run RACE FUEL on the 9.5:1 to get any sort of real high end drivability out of it. I know....i ran one for 24k miles as a daily driver....past 4500 RPMs would just start detonating on the best pump gas.

If you start with the EA82T (turbo version) you will have less problems going to TT setup...or even the non turbo MPFI engine....its turbo ready.

Yeah, i was kinda figuring that a turbo motor would be best to start with, but I've got a non turbo motor in perfect shape and and easy access to av gas. I think av gas is rated around 130 octane but i'm probably wrong. Each masserati turbo is a little bit smaller than a subaru turbo, so boost probably!? wouldn't be too high. How important are having the dual port heads?