Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Urgent Lift Help Needed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowman

Okay people, I'm in the process of installing my BYB lift (EA82) during my non-existant spare time (i.e.: no sleep). I need to get it done soon, so this is sort of urgent.

My query is this: The round blocks, of which there are six that hold the tranny crossmember and two that hold the body brace, as well as the two pieces that hold the rear driveshaft carrier bearing, are two inches tall, whereas all the rest of the blocks are three inches tall. Is this right? I mean, this is a three inch lift, so doesn't everything go down three inches? My confusion is compounded by the fact that on the four outer tranny crossmember connection points, the bolts were a wee bit too long and I had to grind them down to fit right. Further, with the tranny and the attached bits of suspension an inch off from where the engine and its bits of suspension are, it looks exceedingly difficult to put the strut back in place.

Somebody please tell me what's going on here?

Those blocks are supposed to be only 2 inches. Its OK.. It does change the driveline angle a little, but not much. Also, I don't recall the struts being any harder to get back in place, but its been a year since we did it....

Thanks Calebz. I was pretty sure that it's supposed to be that way, but I wanted to make sure before royally fubaring my car or something. I guess I'll just pop the struts at the ball joints since they are shorter than putting the strut tube into the hub.

Sweet, it all bolted together nicely in the end. The struts are kind of a pain to get onto the ball joints now, but that's a small price to pay for the awesomeness to come.

WOOHOOO! I can hardly contain myself! It should be done late tomorrow or early thursday, just in time to drive to Whitehorse for 27" BFG A/T's and alignment.

I think I'm gonna go to bed now, since I have to get up to go to work in four and a half hours.

Hi Kelly,

Yep. The shorter blocks are correct. Same goes on the 4/3 kits. There is negligable driveline angle change (1" over a few feet is nothing - but it makes for much nicer shift linkage.)

Rarely are there differences in Subes, maybe a washer or rubber here or there.... might explain about the four bolts being long, sorry.

Glad it got there properly and went together well for you. Post a pic when you get the tires on, eh?

r/ Patrick

My struts were a bit difficult to get back in w/o the ball joints undone. I had a heavy frend stand on a crowbar to bend down that control arm/knuckle/etc and slip everything back in :)

Glad to hear you got it all slapped together! You will be grinning for weeks once those BFG ATs are on!

Get it DIRTY!