Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think my ea81 is seized, who makes a decent rebuild kit?

I hauled home a ea82 loyal for parts on my road car last year and an 84 gl I wanted to use as a trail only rig. I didn't get to mess with it much over the winter but yesterday i discovered the engine wont turn over. I was trying to pull it over by putting socket on the crank pulley nut, to the left the nut just gets loose but to the right its solid as a rock. My breaker bar snapped at the end so its VERY seized i think. Guess thats what i get for getting a car out of a landfill. Now the hood sticker says 1.6 but it looks like one of you guys might have owned this thing because its got a ea81 and a fair amount of homemade wireing. 

Now I dont quite live in the states so its hard to find an engine. I cant just go to a junk yard and get one or cragslist. It would be more expensive that way even if i found one. I see RPMachine makes some rebuild kits at a price i can afford.Even few plces making ircraft heads. Rockauto has a nearly unusable websight and napa dosnt have anything but gaskets. Is RPMachine decent or should they be avoided? 

Off topic but I cant find any good info in lifting one of these other than 4inch is the most used on ea81s. All the treads ,pictures, links, other subaru websignts are so old and outdated that the archives  404. (looking at you offroad section). Im going to try and do my part by documenting my rigs but I dont want to have to reinvent the subaru lift.

I would look in to useing ea82 parts im guessing some things like rings and bearings might be the same but i dont realy know i never tore that far in to a ea81 but might be worth cheking in to it wouldent be a kit though there is a company selling rebuild kits for the ea82 they say they do custom kits so if you do the reserch they might have the parts to make a kit up for you http://www.ebay.com/itm/331622909673.    

But you should pull it apart before ordering or else you might order the wrong sizes or be waisting your money on a non rebuildable block

Edited by ferp420