Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wiring ignition system to bypass computer on a ej22 1993

pro4

I searched and found people putting distributors in the ej22s but is is possible to run just the cam censer , ignition modual , and the coil ? Gms is a easy set up to do this but I cant get the cam censer to work on the sub. So far I have disconnected the blue wire at the igniter and it goes to base timing but will not run with anything else disconnected . 

I have searched for wiring diagrams but they are not very detailed . This is going into a race car that will be carbureted   so I will not be using the fuel injection . Its from a 1993 . There has got to be a way I just havent found it yet . Can someone point me to a schematic or a website ? I searched plane conversions and didnt find anything there either . Thanks 

I'm not aware of this ever being done. It's relatively easy to adapt a distributor to that engine....

I think without the majority of the engine sensors connected, the ECU would have a bit of a freak out. At the very least, the timing maps would not be ideal....