Ultimate Subaru Message Board

6 Lug Steel

hey there Whitefish!im over here in Libby.getting ready to do my ej swap!i would check some local wrecking yards and see what you come up with.the last set i did were some aluminum wheels of a nissan and they fit nice and didnt stick out to much.i do like a little offset,but maybe you can judge it better while its still on a vehicle.

gallery_4164_16_1360569728_3184.jpg

gallery_4164_16_1360569728_3186.jpg

Those wheels came off a Dodge D50 / Mitsubishi Mighty Max pickup. They were as near to a perfect fit as I found, stout as heck, and had plenty of meat to redrill to 4 lug so I went that direction instead of modding the hubs. That also let me use the subaru GL hubcaps that clip on to the open lug nuts so it covered the spare lug holes from the re-drill.

just scored some 235/75/15 on chrome Mazda B2200 six hole rims for 100 bucks off a truck in the field behind my house.got to love it when you find stuff like that!perfect off set for the subbie after i get the lift done so i can fit them.

Right on guys! Thanks for the input. I'll have a look around the local yards to see if I can locate a set of Isuzu or Mitsu rims. 

Torry 33...glad to know your close! I actually just had the head gasket blow on my Loyale..Bummer. I'm having her fixed...I would have loved to tackle the EJ conversion however I just don't have the time or space to take my time. Let me know if your out this way!