Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some 1st gen brat problems

So saturday was the first time that we've been able to drive my brat more than .1 miles. We took it up to 4th and eveerything seemed alright. As we go to park it, the car begins to idle a little high. When we got back the car had spewed oil all over the enginebay from the breather tubes on the valve covers. They werent connected to anything and the passenger side spewed more than the drivers side. This https://imgur.com/qKG9bU2 shows the routing for the pcv valve. We currently dont have anything connected to the pcv valve. It worries me if we do this and it spews oil again it will mess up my carb/motor due to oil going into the intake. Id appreciate some thoughts on whats happening. Thanks yall are the best!

Well. #1, your crankcase is too full. Hopefully, it's just oil from being overfilled by mistake. But it could also be from a coolant leak, or even fuel from a stuck float.  First thing to do is drain the oil and check to see if it looks milky, (you can probably see that on the dipstick too) or really runny and stinking like gas. 

#2, your pcv valve needs to be properly hooked up or at the very least plugged, so it's not creating a huge vacuum leak. Find some pictures on here to see what hoses you may be missing.