Ultimate Subaru Message Board

TheGageinator's 1992 Loyale build

6 Lug rims are everywere cheap for your dissy turn it full advance and back off about a 1/8 and you should be in the sweet spot if you can run full advance with out pinning then go for it its ok as long as your not pinging if your still getting that miss do a full tune up make sure there arent any vacume leaks check your intake bolts make sure nothing is loose make sure your grounds to the body and the engine are good you should have a few different grounds on the body from the motor and from the battery to the body and battery to motor and there should be one directly to the altornator a bad ground can cause sensors to go haywire

Thanks for the advice Ferp. I've got the timing set to full advance right now. Running premium fuel, my 0-60 is a tad over 16 seconds.... Pretty badass for thr ea82. Everything under the hood is Brand new. Including a rebuilt engine. It's running great. With the ac on, idle is great because of forced idle increase by ac pressure switch. Without the ac on, it's a tad bumpy, but not so bad.

Hey there fellow Texan!! I just got back from the tawakoni area on a camping/wheeling trip on the public hunting land. I'll post pics soon.

post-66938-0-05535900-1503262708_thumb.jpg

post-66938-0-23164900-1503262755_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheGageinator

I was able to repair 1 wheel. The other is beyond repair for sure. I'll post a video link to the wheel repair that I did. It turns out that the really bad wheel is the Peugeot "spare" anyway. So it won't work for me even if I could fix it :( wish I would have noticed that when I bought it

• 2 weeks later...

Don't you mean.. you had to use 3 steelie wheels before you get more alloys?  ;)

haha, if I could find lug nuts(or wheels), then hell yeah. I love the look of those alloys. I found 4 lug nuts with a taper that was usable on the alloy wheel. the steel wheels just have pretty standard 12x1.25 nuts from the parts store.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yessir!

I'm going to build a new exhaust system soon. I just picked up all the pipe. I am going to order a y-pipe to replace my gutted catalytic converter. Does anyone know what size pipe that peice is made of? The previous owner cut the cat Open an gutted it. Then he welded it shut. It has a horrible sound to it.

Edited by TheGageinator