Ultimate Subaru Message Board

95 Impreza on Fozz struts... what next?

Fubaru

I picked up a 95 impreza 1.8L with forester suspension and brakes previously installed (bad engine- swapping in a 2.2L and Delta currently has my cams).  I ordered trailing arm bracket spacers and I'm pretty sure the maxxis 27x8.5x14 tires on offset dirt track wheels will clear the spring perches and won't require any (or too much) beating or rolling.  That being said, I'd like to know what else (within reason) I can do to possibly get a couple more inches of lift without binding axles and such.  I've read through as much of the lift threads as I can handle and haven't found a straight forward answer.  I also spoke with someone at a reputable rally/off-road shop and was pretty much told that the forester struts were the wrong way to go from the start and I am stuck with the current setup or re-do the whole suspension format :mad: .  Any help is much appreciated.

Edited by Fubaru

You are good on the Forester bits. If you want more lift you need to get the sub frame lift bits from a 98-99 Legacy Outback wagon. There was a pic of all the parts you could get but Photobucket pulled third party hosting so it is pretty much gone. I downloaded it awhile back so excuse the crappy pic. I don't own a scanner. 

M6xTtfr.jpg

I'm trying to find more info on why it suggest using Forester Transverse Links and if 98-99 Legacy Outback will work okay(I don't see why not). I know they are longer but I am having a hard time getting a set and have the Outback ones.